Benjamin Brown – 07522646067
Benjamin Brown is a songwriter, performer and producer working from Black Cactus. Before the recording process Ben offers a song writing masterclass that can analyse existing music industry trends, networking with industry professionals, and producing work to client specifications and time frames. Ben’s wide vocabulary and the ability to identify the most powerful elements of a track, He will identify what makes your track the most appeling and work with you to bring the rest of the track to this level. As a outstanding songwriter, he is a perceptive wordsmiths with a good ear and excellent knowledge of current affairs.
As songwriter and frontman of SuperGlu and Dingus Khan he’s headlined major music festivals including Reading & Leeds, Latitude and SXSW, performed sold out shows around the world and seen his work released on labels such as Communion Music and Fierce Panda.
His work has been championed by BBC Radio 1 and 6 Music, Spotify and Radio X, and utilised used across campaigns by everyone from ESPN to BBC.
In 2019 Benjamin was invited to Nashville Songwriters & Publishers camp by the Department of International Trade and PRS Foundation, to collaborate with other award winning artists – the resulting work forms his debut solo record.
Please contact Ben for bespoke quotes on his one – one classes…. 07522646067
(you can use the rehearsal spaces for free at the studio when working with Ben)
A rough Overview of what Bens Masterclass will involve includes….
- Meeting with clients and producing songs that fit their specifications.
- Conducting research and collaborating with other songwriters, musicians, and artists to produce quality lyrics and melodies.
- Generating original ideas and playing around with traditional instruments like pianos, guitars, and drums to get a sense of how the piece might sound during a live performance.
- Using software for editing, mixing, and mastering.
- Discussing songs with clients or artists and implementing any changes as soon as possible.
- Creating demos and pitching them to prospective clients.
- Expanding your skill set by attending music conferences, poetry readings, and workshops.
- Establishing networks and building relationships with industry artists, producers, and directors.
- Building a positive online presence and promoting your work on various platforms.